In this episode of the show, we look at off-site search engine optimisation.
Up to now, we have focussed on your website and the technical elements that can prevent it from ranking well. This is only one part of the puzzle.
Optimising your website won’t get you ranking on its own. Especially if you are in a competitive business sector.
SEO is very much about how authoritative you appear in your market online. The more authority you have the more likely you are to rank well.
Google largely uses links from 3rd party websites to yours as a measure of that authority. But be warned, not all links have the same value. And quantity certainly does not beat quality in the SEO space.
If you want to find out more about off-site SEO and the right way to build links listen in to the show.
- WordPress 4.7.3 has just been released. It is the third in a series of recent security releases for WordPress core.
- General Data Protection Regulation comes into effect in Europe in May 2018 with powerful consequences for breaches by businesses.
- Facebook Shoppable Feed ads putting the pressure on Google Shopping & more opportunities for retailers.
- Cyber Essentials business security self-assessment.
- Barclays Digital Eagles Labs
- Project Breach – Free Cyber Security Event for Businesses 20th April 2017 Norwich, UK.
SEO Tools Mentioned in the Show
So listen in and as always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes & if you like it we’d be grateful if you could leave a review.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download