On this week’s show, Sean speaks to Paul Miller, founder of CozyPhones and Next Level Licensing. Paul has been expanding his e-commerce brand since 2015, and speaks of the importance of seeking licensing opportunities for his products. Having locked in a licensing deal with Nickelodeon in 2017, Paul’s brand skyrocketed and culminated in a global mass market distribution deal. Nowadays, Paul shares his expertise with others, helping businesses how to follow his path and achieve growth to a size they could only dream of before. Today, Paul is hear to teach us how to reach new heights through the power of licensing.
Sean and Paul discuss a number of different topics, including:
- How Paul got to where he is now, and at what moment he realised the value in product licensing
- What type of businesses should think about product licensing, and any prerequisites they should be aware of- quality is a must
- The potential that can be unlocked when you license your products and how value lies in more than just profit margins
- The dangers and pitfalls that must be taken into account
- Tips for evaluating potential licensors
- How licensing your product to more than one brand can be beneficial
- The wider opportunities for product licensing
- The fees and costs associated with product licensing
- The next steps for listeners that have an interest in licensing a product
Resources Paul mentions:
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.