On this week’s podcast, Sean speaks with Jim Huffman, founder of growth agency GrowthHit and author of The Growth Marketer’s Playbook: A Strategic Guide to Growing a Business in Today’s Digital World
On top of this, Jim has scaled another online business to three million impressions per month in under 18 months and is currently overseeing the marketing for C-backed ecommerce brand that has 100,000 members and does over seven figures in monthly sales- so it’s hardly surprising that his startups have been featured by The Wall Street Journal, TODAY, Forbes, TechCrunch, GQ and Wired. As if that wasn’t enough, Jim is a marketing instructor for the ANA (Association of National Advertisers) and has advised brands like Mattel, FedEx, Sephora and Clorox. He also shares his expertise as a Techstars growth mentor and a teacher of digital marketing at General Assembly and, in this podcast, Jim shares his knowledge of growth marketing with Sean.
In the podcast, Jim and Sean touch on a number of topic areas, including:
- What exactly is growth marketing and why it’s so important to businesses
- The main reasons that startups fail in today’s business world and how knowing your customers is one of the most important elements in success
- The benefit of frameworks in business growth and the idea behind Jim’s own FACT framework
- How and when a business knows that it’s ready for growth and ways in which startups can recognise and uncover growth opportunities
- How businesses can ensure they have the right marketing infrastructure in place to grow successfully and how to go about planning and prioritising the next steps in the growth journey
- The primary tactical elements businesses should consider once they’re ready to acquire new customers, convert interest into sales and scale up the process
- Jim’s top recommendations for marketing tech tools, starting with the basics of project management to tracking tools.
Want to learn more about growth marketing? Buy Jim’s new book to delve deeper into his knowledge and put his advice into practise using the exclusive promo code for Click and Convert listeners: seanclark
Connect with Jim Huffman on Twitter
- Hacking Growth: How Today’s Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success
- Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.