This week, we speak to Mark Williams-Cook, Digital Marketing Director of Candour. With 15 years of experience in the digital marketing industry, Mark has spent his time working at senior management and director level at three major UK digital marketing agencies, working as a full-time affiliate, making and flipping websites, one of the first in the YouTube Partner Programme and built and sold SaaS tools for both SEO and social media.
Over the years, Mark has worked with the likes of Expedia, Hitachi, FatFace and Groupon on their search marketing. On top of this, he’s talked at digital conferences (BrightonSEO, Retra and TalkingTech to name just a few) and is Chartered Institute of Marketing Faculty speaker- he’s even designed one of the first iterations of their digital bootcamp. In addition to this, he currently runs three digital marketing courses with Jarrold Training for Search Engine Optimisation, Google Adwords and Google Analytics.
However, even with all of these achievements, what pleased his mum was something a little lower-key. Mark wrote a chapter on SEO in Build a Brand in 30 Days and she said this made her happy as it was something tangible because she didn’t really understand what he did for a living.
Mark’s current goal is to make Candour the best possible place to work in order to attract amazing staff who can create great results for clients.
Sean and Mark cover a number of topics, including:
- The different types of SEO that should be considered
- Just how large the job of ‘SEO’, what skills are required and how more people might need to be involved than you’d first think
- The importance of mobile SEO in today’s world
- How the loading speed of your website might impact SEO rankings
- The role that links play and how quality trumps quantity
- Where content fits in the SEO plan and how quality is so important
- How we can and should be using Google’s AI
- The personalisation of search in light of Google’s AI
- Daily tasks for an SEO and how measuring and tracking your rankings is vital
- Why SEO might not always be the answer
Want to know more? Get in touch with Mark!
Search Norwich – searchnorwich.org
We’d like to thank our show sponsor Opteo.
Opteo is a Google Ads management tool and much more. If you run one Google Ads account or 100 Opteo will save you time and enhance your ad management skills. Smart, powerful, and built to make life easier. It will automate routine Google Ads tasks, and alert you automatically to trends and even make automatic recommendations. You can then spend more time on high-level strategy and creative work.
We use Opteo in our agency to make us more efficient and effective.
Go to opteo.com/clickandconvert to claim your 6 week free trial.
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes, Stitcher and now on Spotify. If you like it we’d be grateful if you could leave a review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download